Aurelia Van Eedden
Aurelia Van Eedden grew up in a coal-mining town in South Africa and witnessed the destruction of the Earth’s resources around her; smoky air pollution, muddy contaminated waters and devastating mine dumps and excavations.
As an enthusiastic 10-year-old visionary, she set to find solutions to these environmental crimes, and bring awareness to others. Aurelia imagined and “designed” a utility-scale vacuum-cleaner and a drape for power-station chimneys to rid the air of the pollution. She shared her ideas of a better and sustainable future with whoever stopped long enough to listen. Her childhood experiences coupled with a natural and insatiable curiosity about how the world works laid the foundation for her future.
Fast-forward 20 years; the ideas she dreamt about as a child have been piloted and tested (albeit by other like-minded geniuses). The curious 10-year-old is now a confident and driven woman with a fierce determination to positively impact the environment and work alongside others for an environmentally restorative, socially just and economically inclusive future.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s most incredible firsts, including:
- Long-term strategic resource & infrastructure planning
- Off-grid and grid-connected microgrids and mini-grids
- Energy storage, fixed & mobile
- Mobile & expeditionary power
- Supply chain & logistics in difficult-to-reach regions
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in financeable technologies
- SME in developing economies
- Regulation & policy modernization
- Resiliency costs & analysis
- Stakeholder engagement – from community to executive
- Network of strategic partners
- Training to industry standards
- Operational assets dependent on power: telecommunications, water filtration, medicine/vaccine refrigeration, waste