Joe Reed has been Managing Director of Corporate Development at CSIQ since September 2015, and is responsible for strategic development activities including M&A processes, due diligence, and related strategic investment activities. Mr. Reed brings over 35 years of leadership experience in a diverse range of operational and business development executive positions. This includes over 14 years of specific U.S. government federal contracting programs serving a range of Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and joint intelligence and law enforcement activities. Specific efforts also include surveillance and networking solutions forSecure Border Initiatives, Drug Enforcement Agency, and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. He has also taught executive leadership at both West Point and Santa Clara Universities. His experience includes roles as CEO/Founder of a technology startup, COO, VP of IT, VP of Sales, VP of Programs and numerous manager and director level roles. He has served on the Board of Directors for 3 separate companies. Living in Pleasanton, California, his hobbies include golf and obstacle course adventure racing (Spartan, Tough Mudder, Rugged Maniac).
Reed finished a full career as a U.S. Army officer as a lieutenant colonel commanding both American and British military units including combat operations worldwide and assignments on military operations, training, and doctrine staffs. With a ranger and parachutist qualification, his service spanned the globe including Cuba, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Panama, and several European countries. He received a B.S. with a concentration in Nuclear Engineering and Physics from West Point and a Master in Business Administration with a focus on leadership from Long Island University.
“There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit.”– Ronald Reagan
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.