John Miller is a social entrepreneur, engineer, developer, and PV installation professional with over 20 years of experience in power generation, utility scale solar & battery systems, as well as nuclear, electrical, and mechanical engineering. John’s professional career started in the United States Navy’s Nuclear Power Program in Charleston, SC. Upon graduation, John served as a nuclear propulsion & electric plant operator and supervisor aboard the USS Boise (SSN 764) and USS Norfolk (SSN 714), both Los Angeles Class Fast Attack Submarines. He spent the last four years of his Navy service at the Pearl Harbor Naval Shipyard where he supervised and oversaw the repair of 35 nuclear submarine availabilities. After leaving the Navy John managed, installed, and commissioned renewable energy systems for non-profit, commercial, university, and military clients across Hawai’i and American Samoa where he received his PV Installation Professional certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). Today, John works with a team of former Navy nuclear engineers and other industry professionals to provide innovative and efficient renewable energy solutions for utilities across the Pacific wishing to replace fossil fuels with climate conscious alternatives.
“This Advisors Favorite Quote Goes Here”-Citation of Quote if Necessary
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.