LES LO BAUGH JR.
Les Lo Baugh Jr. is president of E Cubed Optimizers, a business, energy, environmental, and resiliency consulting company. He is also a seasoned corporate attorney who has lived and worked around the world. He has substantial experience in energy, utilities, resiliency, climate change, and administrative law. He began his career working as a staffer in the U.S. Senate. He was tasked with drafting environmental legislation, including the Endangered Species Act, Clean Air, Clean Water, Off-shore Drilling, Noise Abatement, etc. He has served as a senior officer and general counsel in Fortune 500 companies, including utility and energy companies. He was the senior partner in charge of the Pacific Rim environmental and energy practice group for one of the world’s largest law firms.
He has spoken and written globally on energy/renewable energy, climate change, resiliency, carbon capture and sequestration, Native American sovereignty, the rule of law and other topics. He was a founding member and vice-chair of the Native American Service Agency of New York. He served as a board member for several organizations, including the North American Policy Group of Carbon Market Investors Association, the Wishtoyo Foundation, and the law school boards for Georgetown, USC, and Pepperdine. He serves as Chair and President of the Hiawatha Institute for Indigenous Knowledge (which he helped co-found with the late Joanne Shenandoah – the matriarch of Native American music.) He is also a Distinguished Fellow of Northeastern University – Global Resiliency.
He was honored with the Chief Dan George lifetime achievement award, the Corporate Counsel of the Year Award from the Los Angeles Bar Association, and many others.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s most incredible firsts, including:
- Long-term strategic resource & infrastructure planning
- Off-grid and grid-connected microgrids and mini-grids
- Energy storage, fixed & mobile
- Mobile & expeditionary power
- Supply chain & logistics in difficult-to-reach regions
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in financeable technologies
- SME in developing economies
- Regulation & policy modernization
- Resiliency costs & analysis
- Stakeholder engagement – from community to executive
- Network of strategic partners
- Training to industry standards
- Operational assets dependent on power: telecommunications, water filtration, medicine/vaccine refrigeration, waste