Mark Bernstein has 25 years of experience pioneering innovative energy, environmental and sustainability solutions across academic, private, public and non-profit sectors. Mark is currently President of Earthshot, a non-profit that Mark co-founded that will inspire people to take action on climate change through video gaming and augmented-reality immersive experiences. Mark has in the past worked with, and advised, a number of clean tech startup companies.
Mark has held various positions of influence including with the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy in the Clinton Administration, Senior Researcher at the RAND Corporation, Operating Partner with Pegasus Capital Advisors, a private equity firm and Senior VP with MWW a top-ten independent PR firm. His work on the economic benefits of energy efficiency to the State of California was instrumental in convincing the legislature to renew the energy efficiency benefits fund, and a report he led after Hurricane Katrina set the bar for understanding the devastation in Mississippi and how to recover affordable housing.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s most incredible firsts, including:
- Long-term strategic resource & infrastructure planning
- Off-grid and grid-connected microgrids and mini-grids
- Energy storage, fixed & mobile
- Mobile & expeditionary power
- Supply chain & logistics in difficult-to-reach regions
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in financeable technologies
- SME in developing economies
- Regulation & policy modernization
- Resiliency costs & analysis
- Stakeholder engagement – from community to executive
- Network of strategic partners
- Training to industry standards
- Operational assets dependent on power: telecommunications, water filtration, medicine/vaccine refrigeration, waste