Mark Bernstein has 25 years of experience pioneering innovative energy, environmental and sustainability solutions across academic, private, public and non-profit sectors. Mark is currently President of Earthshot, a non-profit that Mark co-founded that will inspire people to take action on climate change through video gaming and augmented-reality immersive experiences. Mark has in the past worked with, and advised, a number of clean tech startup companies.
Mark has held various positions of influence including with the White House Office of Science & Technology Policy in the Clinton Administration, Senior Researcher at the RAND Corporation, Operating Partner with Pegasus Capital Advisors, a private equity firm and Senior VP with MWW a top-ten independent PR firm. His work on the economic benefits of energy efficiency to the State of California was instrumental in convincing the legislature to renew the energy efficiency benefits fund, and a report he led after Hurricane Katrina set the bar for understanding the devastation in Mississippi and how to recover affordable housing.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.