Michael Johnson brings a wealth of skills and knowledge to his business ventures. He has extensive program and project management experience used within his more than 25-year career in energy efficiency and sustainability consulting. This includes a focus on microgrids and distributed energy planning for potential small communities and eco-villages. He is also the founder and Nature-Connected Coach of BEC, empowers people to discover their strength, joy, and productivity in life. He is certified in Wilderness Therapy and Transformational Guiding and has a lifetime of experience to draw upon. His personal experience allows him to relate to the challenges people face and guide them through their own empowerment process.
Michael’s education includes a business certification in Computer Accounting, BA in Economics with Environmental Sciences Minor from Western Washington and a MS in Energy Management & Environmental Policy with concentration in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania., Michael has over 25 years’ experience in the sustainability industry with broad experiences gained through various project management roles with utilities, local governments and community businesses. He has owned his own business, Viriditas Energy Consulting, since 2003. He is a Certified Energy Manager and has a good understanding of the overall energy industry and how to maximize the financial performance of projects and programs.
Michael has expanded upon his skills and knowledge to include coaching and other modalities that he can bring to his clients. He is also the founder and Nature-Connected Coach of Balanced Earth Creative, which empowers people to discover their strength, joy, and productivity in life. Along the way, people will increase their self-acceptance and find balance by including fun as a component of their regular schedule. He is certified in Wilderness Therapy and Transformational Guiding and has a lifetime of experience to draw upon, including his own path. His personal experience allows him to relate to the challenges people face and guide them through their own process to achieve their goals. In addition, he is a Restorative Justice facilitator and has trained in the traditional Usui method of Reiki Energy. Michael is also currently enrolled in Shamanic training through the Shaman’s Journey school in Agoura Hills, CA.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.