Michael Johnson brings a wealth of skills and knowledge to his business ventures. He has extensive program and project management experience with more than 25-years in energy efficiency and sustainability consulting. Michael’s work has recently focused on microgrids and distributed energy planning for potential small communities and eco-villages. He is the founder and Nature-Connected Coach of Balanced Earth Creative (BEC) which empowers people to discover their strength, joy, and productivity in life. Michael is certified in Wilderness Therapy and Transformational Guiding.
Michael’s education includes a BA in Economics with Environmental Sciences Minor from Western Washington, an MS in Energy Management & Environmental Policy with a concentration in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania, and a business certification in Computer Accounting. Michael has over 25 years of experience in the sustainability industry with expertise gained through various project management roles with utilities, local governments, and community businesses. Since 2003, Michael has owned and operated Viriditas Energy Consulting. As a Certified Energy Manager. Michael has a comprehensive understanding of how to maximize the performance of projects and programs for customers and partners alike.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s most incredible firsts, including:
- Long-term strategic resource & infrastructure planning
- Off-grid and grid-connected microgrids and mini-grids
- Energy storage, fixed & mobile
- Mobile & expeditionary power
- Supply chain & logistics in difficult-to-reach regions
- Subject matter expertise (SME) in financeable technologies
- SME in developing economies
- Regulation & policy modernization
- Resiliency costs & analysis
- Stakeholder engagement – from community to executive
- Network of strategic partners
- Training to industry standards
- Operational assets dependent on power: telecommunications, water filtration, medicine/vaccine refrigeration, waste