Teri Kruger is the Founding Director and lead Strategist of Synergetics Africa, a sustainable solutions business that helps progressive organizations to position themselves with a competitive advantage in a future of an energy, water and carbon-constrained world.
Teri has received multiple awards for her contributions to renewable energy, environmental sustainability, as well as science, engineering, and technology; and her speaking career has taken her to Japan, Austria, India and many engagements in South Africa on global stages as well as educational institutions. Her knowledge base extends to the fields of business strategy, resource efficiency, technical standards, youth development, renewable energy power, and environmental risk mitigation so bringing insights from a number of perspectives.
With a passion for people and the environment, Teri wants to create the momentum that induces positive change. Her focus is to support an organization’s success by reducing essential resource costs, powering its operations with clean power whilst mitigating the business risks, and climate change impacts for them to gain a significant business advantage.
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.