Dr. Tim Hill has a diverse background with the experience, training, and education to aid corporate, academia, and military organizations overcome challenges specific to organizational transformation, and sustainability. Dr. Hill’s experiences include leadership, management, marketing, education and training, and executive level consulting.
Dr. Hill retired as a Colonel from the US Army with 36.5 years of service. He received Congressional confirmation for promotion to Brigadier General on 5 August 2010 and was promoted to Brigadier General in the Retired Reserves. His service includes six years in the United States Marine Corps with the ending rank of Sergeant. The remaining years were spent as an officer in the US Army in both the West Virginia Army National Guard and active duty.
While serving in the West Virginia Army National Guard as an Army Engineer officer, Dr. Hill ran many engineering projects throughout West Virginia, and conducted operations and managed projects during state and national emergencies.
Other experience includes writing the Meter Data Management System Capability Development Document for Contingency Basing (Training and Doctrine Command – Maneuver Support Center of Excellence).
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.”– Mark Twain
This team is responsible for some of our industry’s
most incredible firsts, including:
● The first Net-Zero energy, waste, and water solution demonstrated to the United Nations Peacekeeping forces in Nepal
● The first DoD Foreign Military Sale (FMS) of a mobile, hybrid-powered border security system to Egypt
● Introduction of advanced microgrid modeling tools to the U.S. Army’s Operational Energy Advisors
● The first off-grid solar microgrid of its size, providing 24/7 power to a Haitian village in Les Anglais, Haiti
● The first tender to be contracted by the Kenya Rural Electrification Authority to provide power for community stabilization
● The first off-grid environmental monitoring system for use by a major American power utility in the California desert
● The first mobile renewable energy systems deployed by the Federal Aviation Authority, used for runway monitoring
● The first groundbreaking analysis of the logistical flyaway package for an elite U.S. Special Operations Forces unit. This demonstrated that fuel consumption and generation equipment can be reduced 60% with properly designed and configured renewable energy production, management and storage.